Nov 03, 2021 Android Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo /Reviews: Download Upgrade To Android 8 / - Oreo apk for Android. Download Oreo TV for PC. To install Oreo TV on your PC, you need to follow these steps. First of all, you have to download the app player like Bluestacks android emulator on your PC. Then download the Oro TV apk on your computer. After that, you have to right-click on the ‘Oreo TV’ app, and you have to select ‘open with’ from the drop.
We finally know one of the best kept secrets to the date: the name of the new version of Google's mobile operating system that until now was simply known as Android O. After speculating about the possible name of the sweet, candy or chocolate that would come along in this version of Android, we now know that it will be officially called Android 8 Oreo, as a tribute to one of the most famous cookies in the world, that cream sandwich with two round chocolate biscuits.
The successor of Android 7 Nougat is finally here.
But beyond the name that has had us worried over the last few months (especially since the first developer preview was released back in March of 2017), this new version of the most popular mobile platform in the world is full of new features to turn it into the smartest, most powerful, and fastest mobile OS at present and that intends to wipe out the so-called Android fragmentation once and for all thanks to the Treble project.
Main features and functions of Android 8 Oreo
As we said before, this implementation of Android comes along with a long list of new features focused on making the most of our phone's performance and that we can summarize in the following features:
- Picture in Picture (PiP) mode: tiny floating window with videos whilst we use another app in full-screen mode.
- New 2-layer adaptive icons to normalize the logos of different apps.
- Notification channels to configure which notifications we want to receive from each app.
- Possibility to postpone notifications and schedule when we wish to receive them.
- Hierarchization of notifications granting priority to the most important ones.
- Notification dots that appear next to the icon of each application.
- Autofill system for usernames and passwords inherited from Google Chrome.
- Renovation of the settings bar and quick settings menu.
- Possibility to add our own ringtones and notification sounds.
- Changes to the way we manage the installation of APKs from unknown sources.
- Smart text selector to carry out actions on the marked text in the corresponding app.
- Option to automatically activate reliable WiFi networks even when disabled.
- New range of emojis and emoticons to be used in our instant messaging and social network apps.
- Compatibility with multiple screens to connect our phone to an external monitor.
- Reduction in the use of resources and battery on behalf of apps running in the background.
- Improvements to WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Option to browse through app menus using keyboard arrows and the tab key.
- WebView for Android to protect the user's security when browsing the web from an application.
Release date: when is Android Oreo out?
There's not a fixed release date for this version as it will depend on its implementation on behalf of each manufacturer. What we do know is that from right now you can download the factory images for devices built by Google, such as its Nexus range (5X and 6P) and its Pixel range (C and XL).
Therefore, if you haven't got any of the previous handsets, you're going to have to wait a little bit longer until Samsung, Huawei and the rest of them release Oreo for their Galaxy S7 and S8 or their P9 and P10. In any case, the update will be carried out OTA and you'll receive a notification on your device whenever it's ready so you don't have to explore the Internet looking for downloadable images.
What handsets will be compatible with Android 8?
Well, apart from the phones made by Google that we mentioned above, we expect all Android smartphone from the major manufacturers to eventually receive an updated to Oreo. These are the main brands and models that will receive Android 8:
- Samsung: Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8, and Galaxy A9.
- LG: G6, G5, V30, V20, and V10.
- Huawei: P10, P10 Plus, Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro y Honor 9.
- Lenovo: Moto G5 Plus, Moto G5, Moto Z, Moto Z2 Play, Moto Z Play, Moto Z Style, and Moto Z2 Force.
- HTC: U11, U Ultra, and 10.
- OnePlus: 5, 3, and 3T.
- Sony: Xperia XZ Premium, Xperia XZS, Xperia L1, Xperia XZ, Xperia XZS, and Xperia X.
- Requires flashing the factory image onto the device by means of Android SDK.
- The images provided in the download link correspond to Nexus and Pixel devices.
[Gapps For Android 8.1 Oreo] Download Android Oreo GApps (8.0/8.1 Oreo): Google has finally unveiled Android 8.0 which is Android Oreo and now google has released Android 8.1 for Pixel and Nexus device too. That means many developers will release custom ROMs and then we will need Oreo GApps Pack. Download Latest Official Google GApps For Android 8.0 (Oreo). Here we will be sharing the direct link to download Android 8.0 Gapps for Custom ROMs like Lineage Os and other Android 8.0 based AOSP ROMs like Lineage OS 15, Slim ROM etc.
Google has finally released the latest android 8.0 o developer preview 2.Google has officially released Oreo for Nexus and Pixel phones and many manufacturers like OnePlus has started rolling out Oreo beta release for their devices. Google even has released the latest Android 8.1 Oreo for Google Pixel and Nexus devices.
Google will follow the launch of Android 8.0 update for Nexus and pixel phones with the release of AOSP (Android Open Source Project) source code for this latest version of Android OS. Once the source code for Android 8.0 is out, various other AOSP based Android 8.0 custom ROMs will be released for most popular devices. The most anticipated of these is the Lineage OS 15[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”14″ bg_color=”#a3a7ad” txt_color=”#040404″]
Update: Now Android 9 Pie Gapps are available, Visit this Android Pie Gapps Post and download the Android 9 Pie Gapps[/mks_pullquote]
- If you want to know more about GApps or Google Apps, like why we need them then check out the linked article below
- New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts
Android 8.0 Gapps pack will be available in a range of various sizes; it can be a small package of 50 MB or a huge zip file of 400 MB.(For ex: nano Gapps, Pico gapps, mega and Full)
Lineage OS 15 Users > Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
For installing Android 8.0 Gapps on your device, you must install the following on your device:
- Android 8.0 based AOSP custom ROM, like LineageOS 15 or SlimROM.
- A custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM.
- At least 25-30% battery remaining. Although installing such apps won’t take more than 5 minutes, but always be prepared for the worst in case things go wrong.
- Ample space remaining on your device, depending on which Gapp you want to install.
Download Google GApps For Android 8.0 (Oreo GApps)
For Arm Devices
For Arm64 Devices
Download Gapps For Android 8.1 Oreo
For more info about the Gapps pack visit the source Xda thread here
[icon name=”bell-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] If you don’t know which Gapps pack you should download then Check out our detailed guide [Full Guide] Which Google App pack (Gapps) You should download?
How to Install/Flash Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo Gapps On Android Phones
The method of installation of Android 8.0 Gapps is almost same as how you flash any .zip file from a custom recovery.If you are using TWRP, go to the install menu and then select the Nougat Gapps packages which you want to download on the device.
Latest Android Version Download
- Lineage OS 14 and 14.1 Gapps Download Official Gapps For Lineage Os 14 / 14.1
- Marshmallow Gapps DOWNLOAD GOOGLE GAPPS FOR All ANDROID 6.0 / 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW ROMS
- Android 7.1.1 and Android 7.1.2 Gapps Download Official Gapps For Android 7.1 and 7.1.2 Nougat
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Android Mobile Operating System Download
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out ourAbout Us pageor connect with us ViaTwitter, Facebook, YoutubeorTelegram.